Thursday, February 19, 2009

clear skin? me?

I love the gym, watch what i eat and practically never wear the same shirt out at night if i can help it. But skin care for me has been a hassle. I have frequented more dermatologists then i can count... but none have ever fixed my mild acne or a cyst on my chin. In fact they have really just dried out my skin. I've even tried home remedies. Example: the gel of an advil... not smart.

While in connecticut this week i kept looking at my skin... i realized from afar my skin had improved but i had a horrible complexion and the texture of my skin looks unhealthy.

I've never really LOVED facials, any time i'd gone for a facial (once a year if that), i had never felt as though my skin felt so different i couldn't wait to go back in a month or two. So i decieded to try some place new... it is well known for all of its services... considered a bit of a snooty place but always provides wonderful services.

Plus they could get me in at 1 oclock- skip ahead 3 hours i'm laying there and it begins. Me and Facial Lady make friends... here and there she discusses the product line they use Repechage. It was all natural with seaweed, cucumber, antioxidants, blah blah blah. Oh... and it wouldn't dry my skin out like the medication i used to be on... hmmmm.

Cut to the chase FL breaks the news to me, i could really use the "10 step four layer facial with deep pore cleansing... for 125$." She would even show me how to care for me skin afterwards. I can't say no can i?

So i get the 10 step...deep pore... whatever facial. FL goes through the routine: massage, steamer, squeezing, different masks (minimal talking!). That last 1000 layer seaweed mask comes off and i'm a new women. Not only did it feel great... it looked great. So she takes me outside... picks out new cleansing mouse, astringent and deep pore cleanser (these are not comparable price to my neutrogena products).

So i think to myself one pair of jeans is more then this facial... that cute new splendid dress i just got is more then the products. I take care of my body and always buy great clothes... isn't it time i treated my skin to the same standards?

It's been less then 24 hours but my skin is still smooth... even after my intense spin class at 6am, i am feeling hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment