Tuesday, February 3, 2009

cocopops

i have a new love. cocopop's. They are fresh made rice cakes. I found them at a local food store by my house, they are similar to stew leonard's own kind but with a liiiittle fluffier taste. Like in stew leanard's they POP out of a machine that is on display to watch. It is entertaining.

These are NOT the Coco Pops of my youth... these are snacks that if i had children i would be FINE with them eating. Actually... drip a bit of chocolate on them... go ahead. Want to know why? Cause it is literally like eating air with a little crunch. Nutritional Info (sorry for size i have NOOOO clue how to save a copy of my screen as a picture):

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 cake/piece

Amount per Serving

  • Calories 16 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
  • Total Fat 0g 0%
  • Saturated Fat 0g 0%
  • Monounsaturated Fat 0g
  • Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
  • Trans Fat 0g
  • Cholesterol 0mg 0%
  • Sodium 20mg 1%
  • Potassium 0mg 0%
  • Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%
  • Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
  • Sugars 0g
  • Protein 0g 0%
  • Vitamin A0%
  • Vitamin C0%
  • Calcium0%
  • Iron0%
  • Vitamin D0%
Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat 0.0% Carbs 100.0%
Protein 0.0%


Ok fine there is no fiber... no protein, but there is some sodium and carbs. But remember it is just a quick snack when you want to eat for the sake of eating.

Anyways i like to eat for the love of chewing food (its a sensory thing). I am a compulsive eater, so in order for me not to weight 300 pounds i trrrrryyyy to surround myself with healthy snacks all day. For instance today i snacked on blueberries, an orange, cocopop's, banana and a handful of wheat thins. But that is because i started this week DETERMINED to un-do my wrong doings of last week. I even got the grandma semi on board with the plan (she made broccoli, marinated chicken breast and a salad tonight score one for me!). In no way would i live off of these. They almost fill in for that chip craving that you get late at night.

Plus look how cute the machine is:

POP! enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Hey - I love these things and have only found them in an Farmers Market in PA. Where in the area did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shop-Rite in Rockaway has a machine. I got two bags on Friday for $4.99

    Kind of pricy for air, but so tasty!

    ReplyDelete