Monday, February 2, 2009

gym euphoria?

To say i was moody last week was an understatement. I was moody, grumpy, feeling sorry for myself and a big brat. Monday night spin? No thank you i think i will lay on the couch and watch TV. Overall i went to the gym for a total of 30 minutes... i ate everything within arm range. Example: I went to a serve yourself buffet type lunch place... got mac-and-cheese, pot stickers, onion rings and sesame chicken all in one container. I eat none of those things on a regular basis.

Then the weekend came and i ate like i was visiting new york... possibly forgetting the boston bride was the visiting new yorker.

Saturday night getting dressed was miserable. I apparently don't own any large plastic garbage bags because that seemed the only outfit that was appropriate for my imaginary love handles and pot belly. None the less... even while we where socializing at a friends apartment i still continued to eat everything in sight.

It had to end. Sunday morning i went food shopping- stocking up on fruits and veggies. Then while everyone else was watching the big game... i went to the big gym. I will admit it, i had to push myself to finish my work out. However when i left the gym i sat down in my car and found myself singing along to Beyonce. At this point i realized going to the gym really does jump start my mood. Going to the gym really does make me mentally healthy too.

NOTE TO SELF: when feeling grumpy don't skip the gym... 7:30 spin class here i come!

ooo a post regarding spinning to come

No comments:

Post a Comment